Moms are special, and they deserve a special day. Unfortunately, your wallet is empty and the special Mom in your life needs a special gift. You need to come up with a way to show her how great she is, but your lack of cash is making it difficult. Don’t worry! There are lots of great ways to celebrate Mother’s Day without putting a strain on your bank account. Here are some ideas…
1. Give Mom a day off. It won’t cost you a dime to take on the duties your mother usually handles. From cooking dinner to running errands to cleaning the house, tell Mom that today is her day and she is free to do whatever she wants – you’ve got the rest covered!
2. Take the kids to the park so Mom can get some alone time. If you’ve got little ones in the house, you’re probably aware of how hard it is to have a moment alone to yourself. Even if you just give her an hour or two, Mom will probably appreciate the gesture more than you know!
3. Breakfast in bed is always a favorite. Surprise her with her favorite breakfast and let her enjoy it in the comfort of her bed. Don’t forget to do the dishes when she’s done!
4. Go for a picnic. Spring is a great time of year to picnic in the park. Ask Mom what she’d like to eat and then make it yourself. Pack everything up and head to a nice neighborhood park. Don’t forget the camera for a few special snapshots.
5. Visit a free local attraction or go to a free community event. People always seem to forget that being a tourist in your own town can be a lot of fun. Investigate your area’s free attractions and see if there’s something that Mom would enjoy.